Sunday, January 1, 2012

The Year in Review

I have to say, 2011 was a busy year. There was lots of good and lots of bad, as is par for the course.

The spring semester was terrific. I'd say that's where my friendship with Jessica really blossomed with our bonding over Ghibli movies, Shakespeare, and Juego de Jamba. And, despite having a beastly paper to write, it ended up being a pleasant semester over all.

The summer was absolutely brilliant. I desperately needed a summer like that, since the last couple were miserable. I'll always have those memories of DnD, movie days, and marathoning TV shows with Ashley and Jessica.

The spring and summer were also great because it was the time I was discovering myself. For the first time, I felt confident with who I am. Then, of course, I met Jesse, and my whole life has changed for the better with someone I love dearly.

The fall was kind of the time when things took a turn. While there were great moments in there, like my birthday, the Cthulhu party, afternoon lunches of Chick-fil-a, the Anglo-Saxon class, and our TV marathons, there was also a lot of crap. The school semester was extremely difficult and very nearly soul-crushing. I'm glad I have such a great support system, otherwise I don't know if I could have made it with my sanity intact.

Then, of course, there was the move from the home I've lived in all my life. That was just a maelstrom of terribad, because moving sucks on it's own. Add not being able to properly enjoy Christmas, finals, and leaving the house I've grown up in to that and it gets miserable.

But I'm moved in to a beautiful home, and I have my loved ones around me. So, I'm happy. 2012 will be my year, because I will make it so.

No comments:

Post a Comment