Monday, January 9, 2012

Monday's done

Bit of a weird Monday. My body does not enjoy waking up at a normal time, anymore, so it's going to be in for quite the shock come the rest of the week.

So I found out that our "new" neighbors complained about our "dogs" barking all day yesterday, when Ben barked for about ten minutes total yesterday. Not straight. Total. And that's because there were children right in our backyard. Honestly, I don't know what these assholes are assuming. Dogs bark. Fucking deal with it, because we've never heard complaints anywhere else.

Anyway, after getting Ben a bark collar, I went to FGCU to get my two bags-worth of textbooks, which thankfully didn't take long. Of course, this meant derpin' about in the library on a computer, but at least I was able to Tumbl.

Narrative Techniques was my only class, and it's weird. The professor seems cool, but it feels like I've got very high expectations to meet. Plus, and this has been nagging me, he said he wasn't a fan of fantasy, mystery, or horror. Now, I had no idea what to write, but I want him to enjoy whatever it is I do write, and two out of three of those were viable options. He said this while saying that we shouldn't write for anybody but ourselves, otherwise you end up with shitty writing, but this is my crazy brain we're talking about here.

I'd really just love to not make writing a chore.

Now I'll be going to bed early tonight since I'm waking up at 6 tomorrow to go to my class. Not looking forward to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment