Sunday, January 22, 2012

Spike is my Kimblee

I don't fangirl like Jessica does over Kimblee, but I love Spike and his badassness. He's a character in Buffy, in case I needed to specify.

I've decided that, when I don't have much to say, I'd tell a story about a memory. So, here's a memory from my youth.

Ten years ago this year, I was at a hotel in Orlando just after my school's trip to space camp. My parents had driven up with us so that they could pick me up and we could go to Universal and Sea World. My parents went down to the pool, which I didn't want to visit. They let me pick a movie from the hotel, and I watched Fellowship of the Ring. I had just finished reading FOTR, and it was my first time where I was able to criticize a movie for what it changed. Still, I fell absolutely in love with it, and that really kicked off my descent into nerdom.

So, that's that.

3 comments:

  1. so you didn't become a nerd until you were 11? someone's in denial of their nerd status :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not like a... NERD nerd :-p I had boyhood interests that were normal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I approve of this new idea. :)

    and Spike being compared to Kimblee? I'll let Jessica take that if she so inclines too...

    ReplyDelete