Monday, April 11, 2011

Winter is Coming


I feel the urge to express my excitement for "Game of Thrones." The book was a phenomenal, if long, read, and now the show will be premiering on Sunday. I cannot wait. If I were to describe the plot, I'd call it a "war of backstabbing, deceit, and brutality in a fantasy world in which the fantasy is hardly present." Imagine the middle ages instead of Middle-earth. If you have HBO, make sure to watch it. Since Jessica doesn't at FGCU, she'll have to wait, if she's interested.

The day wasn't exactly noteworthy. I had a lot of fun playing Halo Reach at Chris Ruskai's dorm, despite his constant killing of me. "Othello" was a pleasant read, despite its longevity and my falling asleep to it. Whenever I read a play, I always imagine it taking place on the Verot stage, and the players are either imagined by me or played by theatre kids. I've said it before and I'll say it again: I want to act. I know I sound like a broken record at this point, but it's something we all want. Hopefully.

9 comments:

  1. I really like that description of the plot, consider it on my queue. Its like the list, only not a thing of death.

    I sometimes forget about ruskai, since I never see him anymore. How is he?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh good, I guess!

    Hahahaha awww, poor Ruskai. He's fine, basically engaged to be engaged to his current gf. He's become very tech savvy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this looks really beautiful, which I'm sure you weren't expecting to hear, but the scenery is gorgeous!

    Is this the first season??

    ReplyDelete
  4. ....... I was not expecting this. Yes, it is the first season. The series premiere is on Sunday, but you can probably torrent it off of somewhere if you're interested.

    ReplyDelete
  5. isn't torrenting illegal?! you realize FGCU would kill me for illegal internet activity right?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I forgot about that :-/ Don't your parents have HBO?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, but my mom is ALWAYS recording something on the tivo so I'm not sure if I'd be able to watch it or record it. #ROCKANDAHARDPLACE

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is why I don't watch television!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You can always read the book, now that summer is approaching.

    ReplyDelete