Saturday, April 9, 2011

Superstar!


Let it be known that I am no big fan of musicals. I am not as drawn to them as many are, but I do like them. You know, the classics, like Sound of Music. Or the new classic that is Doctor Horrible. I don't have a dream of getting on stage and belting out a showtune. Rather, I'm the play type. I like standing in front of the spotlight and baring it all. There's something raw and primitive about acting. When I acted in Midsum (not so much Threepenny), I could feel the adrenaline, the pressure, and thrived on it. It's very cathartic and exciting to just go up there and act.

I've been saying this forever, and especially last night after the fantastic "Godspell," that I want to put on a show this summer. I am dead serious about this, too. I don't mean "it would be fun" or "sure let's do it." I mean "we MUST do this" and "we WILL do this." I know we all feel that way. We all miss going up on stage and performing. Why don't we do it?

Oh, and I picked this because while troping for "Godspell" I troped for "Jesus Christ Superstar" and came across this scene, which I remember from when I watched the movie many years ago.

4 comments:

  1. LETS DOOO ITTTTTTT. :P hahaha. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. first time seeing this! It'd be so difficult to perform on stage without having ya know.. lighting, sound effects, and such

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sophie already said she'd do spotlights lol. And it'd be very gritty, done on the cheap and stuff. All we'd need was the stage.

    ReplyDelete