Saturday, April 16, 2011

What to Do, What to Do

I'm having trouble trying to come up with ideas for my 21st birthday. At first I thought I'd do the normal thing and we'd all go to Friday's and I'd drink, but now I'm kind of thinking I want to switch things up a bit. Make it REALLY memorable.

I've been chatting about it with you guys and have been thinking about having a themed birthday. We'd all come to my house, dress up, and have a little get-together. And I'd drink, obviously. So, my ideas are:

  • Gatsby party: pretty self-explanatory. We all dress up like it's the 20s and we're having a bootlegging shindig. Then somebody shoots me while I'm in the pool... maybe not that. Though I know who would #scrunchyface.
  • Lovecraft party: This one I have no real reason for doing except that I saw somebody posted photos of one on FB. Everybody was dressed up in early 20th century garb, there was a Cthulhu cake, and alcohol. I have absolutely NO idea how else we'd celebrate that, so that one is pretty unlikely and unfeasible.
  • Doctor Who: Oh this one is fun. We could get a big blue piece of construction paper to put on the front door of my house so it looks like the TARDIS, and then inside we're all dressed up like Doctor Who-related things. I'd be the Doctor, Ashley would be DONNAH, Jessica would be a Dalek/vacuum cleaner, and... that's all I've got, really. Also, that would involve a lot of work, unless people dressed up in different time period clothing. So someone is a Spartan, someone else is a knight, etc. Hm, that one doesn't sound so bad after all. It also helps that I'd act more and more like the Doctor with every drink I have. I already act like Ten when I'm panicky and in a rush, can you imagine me trashed?
That's all I've got, really. I'm sure there's more, and it's a long way from now, but I just felt like sharing.

6 comments:

  1. Any party of yours would be AWESOME! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ashley! But I do want it to be EXTRA awesome with something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I WOULD TOTALLY BE WILLING TO SHOOT YOU FOR THE GATSBY PARTY. I'm sure you knew that though :P

    I agree with Ashley's statement! Although dressing up as a Dalek might prove to be very interesting indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I KNEW IT!

    Indeed, it would! Of course, I welcome even more ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hm I shall brainstorm and get back to you on that! I hope I'm even invited to this extravaganza :P

    ReplyDelete