Thursday, March 3, 2011

"Well, there are some things a man just can't run away from."


Thankfully, John Wayne, I don't have anything to run away from. That quote, dear Reader, comes from a movie called "Stagecoach" directed by John Ford. It was the first film that convinced Hollywood that westerns were a bankable, serious idea. It was also the role that made John Wayne a star. Plus, I think it had one of the coolest chase scenes I've ever seen.

There's something about the western genre that attracts me. I go through many genres of entertainment, but I always come back to the western. I'm not entirely sure why. I wasn't a "cowboys and indians" type as a child. I never daydreamed about robbing banks or riding horses. Hell, I've only ridden a horse once, and I look stupid in cowboy hats.

What I think does it for me is the sole idea that it's man versus man in a stark environment. Things were simpler than now, but also so much more complex in different ways, as well as dangerous. It'd be a really shitty world to live in, but... don't you secretly wish you did?

On a different note, I started spring break today! I haven't had a majorly stressful semester so far, but damn it still feels good to kick back and relax. Except for that twenty page term paper I have to write. But that's a tale for another day.

3 comments:

  1. Its because of dem #FANCYWORDS, mr. watson

    and The paper is for psych right? psh youre gonna rape the fuck out of it. no problem. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clearly it is because I was always a fan of them #Fancywords.

    But... so many pages! It will mindrape me.

    ReplyDelete