Thursday, March 24, 2011

The Tenth of 25 Songs in 25 Days

A song from my favorite band.

Again, this seems pretty obvious, but let me go ahead and tell you about myself and The Beatles.

Believe it or not, there was a time I didn't like The Beatles. Yes, it's true. I used to think (and this was in my younger years) that The Beatles was a band that only girls listened to, because they sang about love, and most Beatles fans I knew were women. However, one day at Verot, on VNN came this song that had this incredibly catchy "nanananana." I didn't write down the title, but I ended up going on a mad search on Limewire for it. In doing so, I ended up downloading DOZENS of Beatles songs, and all of them were just brilliant. Eventually, after almost giving up my search, I found Hey Jude. Not only did I have this terrific sense of accomplishment, I had this connection with the lyrics. They were so appropriate to me, and the harmonies, the sounds, everything just synced together.

That's when I fell in love with The Beatles, and I haven't looked back.

5 comments:

  1. I am pleasantly surprised that you didn't put Arcade Fire up! I didn't know you liked the Beatles this much!! :P I approve of this message and I am the walrus :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Beatles are and will forever be my number one favorite band of all time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I said "I approve of this message," I just want to make it clear that I approved your whole blog post. #ithadtobesaid

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was expecting this cant lie :P

    but wonderful blog post watson. you are forever synonymous with the Beatles in my book :D

    Also thats kind of an amazing story how you came to love them :D
    very cute :D

    ReplyDelete