Friday, March 4, 2011

I Need an Interpreter


So I just watched "Lost in Translation" and now I might have to turn my film critic card in.

I didn't like it.

The film was so swamped with metaphors that I didn't have a clue about, the plot was completely murky, and even the title barely gives me a sense of the film. Bill Murray and Scarlett Johanson are lost and then find each other to become slightly less lost. Maybe. Even TVTropes could barely give me a sense of what this film was about. I just didn't see what all the fuss was about.

Was the audience being lost intentional? Was this just a giant game to make us empathize with the characters? I don't even know.

On to other matters. Today, my first official day of spring break, I did nothing, and it was glorious. I ate some food, let gold rack up on my Fable III character, and read. I love reading, I wish I could do it more often. I love free time. I wish I could travel, be free of restrictions. Someday I will.

I'll just be sure to avoid Japan.

5 comments:

  1. WHY WOULD YOU AVOID JAPAN?

    I'm sure this has to deal with the movie, which I've never seen, but I had to ask.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are correct, it has to do with Japan. I think I'd just lock myself in the hotel room because of sensory overload.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It has to do with the MOVIE, not Japan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's what the movie does to you, man.

    ReplyDelete