Tuesday, March 8, 2011

But the Fighter Still Remains


As I write this I'm on page two of my term paper. I hate writing papers, as everyone else does. This paper, however, is the longest I've ever had to write. It is a long, difficult slog through facts and half-truths, but I shall win out in the end.

Thanks to Sirius XM, I'm on a Simon and Garfunkel kick. I've always loved them, but I think now my adoration for them as one of my favorite bands is really starting to blossom. I heard this song and have been hitting the Replay button on YouTube so often I'm surprised my mouse hasn't worn out. The final few lines I love so much, because I think they just fit with who I am now so much. I've had a lot of struggles that made me feel like giving up, but I see through it.

Also, I was this close to using "Me and Julio Down by the Schoolyard" but maybe next time ;-)

2 comments:

  1. Simon and Garfunkel always seemed very you :)

    I honestly cant think of bookends without thinking of you ahaha.

    ReplyDelete