Friday, February 24, 2012

Tarantino Friday

So, after itching to watch Kill Bill Vol. 1 for the longest time, I finally gave in and watched it for the first in a long while. I forgot how good it was. It was my first Tarantino movie, and I remember when I first saw it. Everything about it is awesome.

I then decided to just marathon it and watched Vol. 2, which is not as good as 1, but still good. It's just more talky, and I'm not a fan of the scenery the majority of the film takes place in.

Following that, I got some chores and errands done, found out I could get Xbox Live Gold for $2 for 2 months (awesome deal), and watched Reservoir Dogs at last. It was also a great film, and it was really neat seeing where Tarantino began it all.

I have to say, after taking that film class last spring, I think I have a new appreciation for Tarantino. My professor would keep bringing him up as an example of an auteur, which is an artist with a distinguishing, unique style. I think that really sums up Tarantino nicely. When you turn on a movie, you can tell if it's a Tarantino film. The music, the lighting, camera angles, dialogue, it's all very unique and particular to him.

Side note, I really have a craving to watch Japanese cinema now after Kill Bill.

2 comments:

  1. my dad's got a bunch :P he's got a Bruce Lee box collection and he's got others like Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon & House of Flying Daggers! We watched them about a year and a half ago or so!! I think they're really good and one of my favorite actresses is in a majority of them :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. and you definitely need to see Enter the Dragon if you haven't, especially considering Kill Bill had a super blatant throwback to it!

    ReplyDelete