Sunday, February 5, 2012

In which the Superb Owl is underwhelming

Well it was. The commercials weren't very good, and the game... well, who gives a crap?

Lots of people, but I don't.

Anyway, my grandpa and his girlfriend are staying until early Tuesday morning. Kind of a drag, because I don't have as much privacy as usual, but I like seeing him, and I haven't seen his girlfriend in, like, years. Which makes it totes awkward, but whatever.

He came by not long after he arrived to get my update on college and plans for the future, which is always fun to discuss. He pretty much hated the idea of me taking a year off after graduating, and instilled extreme terror and pessimism in being successful after FGCU.

Then he came by later to talk about his cruise.

Dear God, what is it with this family and jumping from one mood to the other in conversation?

I still want to be on my own. Maybe I can become a hermit.

1 comment:

  1. Are you going for Graduate or do you mean you'd just wait a year before trying to get a job? I don't know what's more stressful: the thought of graduating or what will occur after it.

    Family is great for instilling the utmost confidence in all of us :P They jump moods because they don't ever get actually upset or whatever negative emotion they showcase! Either that or your family has mood problems

    According to my sister-in-law, dad actually has an anger problem that works like that. He'll flare up and then be cool as a cucumber within minutes.

    ReplyDelete