Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Day 7: Favorite Drama


So... this might not be what you expected. For one thing, in the second act the film becomes a romance, which isn't exactly my type of genre. But "Out of Africa" is about a Danish baroness starting a coffee farm in Kenya in the early 20th century, and the trials, tribulations, and joys she experiences along the way. It was based off of a true story written by the baroness herself, which I own.
It has the most gorgeous setting of any film. This movie makes me want to go to Africa. The story is enthralling in a way I can't truly give justice, and the acting is top notch, which is expected considering the principal roles are played by Meryl Streep and Robert Redford.
It's another one of those movies that reminds me of the summer. I remember these past few years my mom would put it on just to have something in the background, but it was also a film I could watch just because I wanted a movie to watch, I was in the mood, or I needed something to go to sleep to. Granted, that isn't the highest praise, but it's a movie I could watch whenever I want.

5 comments:

  1. well if you're good with the plethora of shots you'd have to get in order to get to Africa, then you can go :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember talking about this movie with you, when we were just becoming friends. You know whenever I see it or hear something about it I think of you lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww yay. I can't believe I talked about it with you so early on. Usually I'm worried about being judged for picking such a girly movie :-p Must have been something special early on :-D

    ReplyDelete