Monday, June 13, 2011

Day 19: A 1960's Movie


Spoiler alert: she is.
This is The Graduate, I'd say my favorite movie of the 1960's, and one of my top ten favorite films of all time. And no, Jessica, it is not just because of the soundtrack. It was made for the baby boomer generation, fresh out of college and lost. But it's so timeless that it is entirely possible to relate to today. We can all sympathize with Ben when it comes to love, lust, and placement in society. This was really one of the first movies to show how it's not easy to be young, that there's lots of pressure and stress that comes with not knowing what to do with life.
It's seriously one of the best movies in American cinema, and it is essential that you watch it.

3 comments:

  1. I bet the soundtrack makes up a good portion of why you like this movie!! I've never seen this movie #surprise #fantasyftw

    ReplyDelete