Sunday, June 19, 2011

Day 25: A Movie Based on a Book


I remember first seeing this trailer. I was in some movie, watching the trailers, when that opening of Harry going up to his cupboard door, and Uncle Vernon slamming the vent shut, saying "there's no such thing as magic" was first uttered. The owls started flying, the music was rising, and I knew: this is Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. There it was before me, like an invitation to Hogwarts. I had read Chamber of Secrets by that point, I believe. My third grade teacher had read Sorcerer's Stone to us. The magic was right there, and it was real and tangible. I haven't seen this trailer since then, and it's still surreal. There's something so innocent and... well, magical, about it. It's Harry Potter when the magic was new and strange and fantastic. While we love it, we've grown accustomed to it. You can't beat that magic when it's brand new.
The magic began November 2001, and it all ends in July 2011. Of course, it never really ends... though that's a tale for another day.

2 comments:

  1. I honestly can't remember watching this trailer, but it's amazing to think that this has spanned 10 years and to see how far the movies have gone =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know... it makes me all nostalgic.

    ReplyDelete