Monday, May 30, 2011

Day 5: Favorite Animated Movie


This was really tough. I love animated movies so much, because I feel like a kid when I watch them. When I saw I had to choose which was my favorite, I dreaded the moment. When I look at the Pixar resume, I see my favorite movie after the other. Their newest film is my favorite, so to speak. Therefore, the choice would HAVE to be Toy Story 3, right?
Well, I love Toy Story 3 SO much. It was made with my generation in mind, the kind that grew up on the series. The movie made me tear up, and I wasn't the only guy! It's a beautiful ending to the trilogy.
Yet, Up remains my favorite. I cannot pinpoint why, exactly. Maybe it's the call to adventure that I find so appealing. Adventure is out there, and we live it everyday. Just thinking about it makes me start to get teary. Goddamn it, Pixar, why must you always make me cry?! Anyway, it's gorgeous, it's funny, it's sad, and it's just all sorts of magnificent.

2 comments:

  1. I retract my previous statement about how we have no movies in common! I could not do this challenge because of this day in particular, so kudos for selecting a thoroughly amazing film =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. God just thinking about the crying pixar causes makes me want to cry all over at its beauty and perfection.

    ReplyDelete