Saturday, May 28, 2011

Day 3: Favorite Romantic Comedy


I like some romantic comedies, but I LOVE 500 Days of Summer for being a romantic comedy that is actually REAL. I don't think there's been a character I've identified with more than Tom, to the point that one particular scene near the end hit extremely, painfully close to home. It's tragic and funny, sometimes all at once. Zooey Deschanel was my dream girl, and seeing her in this added to how I see love and relationships more so than if it was some other girl.
At the beginning of the spring semester and my film class, we were asked what movie had the most influence on us. Not our favorites, but the most influential. I said this movie, for it changed the way I see love. It's not like in the movies or music, but it's real, and when you have it, you know it.

1 comment:

  1. you know, yesterday I had this intense desire to go out and purchase this movie, because I never got to see it in the movies. Only reason why I didn't/haven't is, as I've said before, I dislike reality a lot, but I REALLY wanna know what the fuss is about.

    ReplyDelete