Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas!


So today was Christmas.

It's been a strange sort of day. I explained on Tumblr that it felt like just any other day, because my mom and I spent a lot of the afternoon unpacking, we didn't have a big Christmas breakfast, and we didn't really... do anything particularly Christmasy. But, I finally got her to sit back in her chair under the tree and watch something while I read, as we do during Christmas. It was finally at that point that I started to feel Christmas. I think that was a major thing I was missing: just sitting down with her and relaxing by the tree.

As for presents, I got a CD drive (which I've needed for ages) from my dad, two $50 gift cards from my grandma, a $125 check from my grandpa, and a year-long subscription to Sirius XM from my mom. So, on the whole, I'm happy with what I got, as quality surpassed quantity this year.

Thankfully, my mom has agreed with me that this Christmas felt... lacking, in comparison to how our Christmases normally go. So, come April, when we have more money, we're having our official Christmas, with presents, music, a tree, and just everything we normally have.

The Doctor Who Christmas Special made me weep like a baby, by the way. I downloaded it since I don't have a DVR anymore. I shall watch it often as I wait for the new season next fall.

So, while this Christmas wasn't what I was expecting, it still ended on a high note.

2 comments:

  1. I'm very happy to hear you had a nice Christmas! <3

    You deserved it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty much ditto what Ashley said! I'm glad you guys got to relax together :D Christmas is really all about family and having little moments like that :)

    ReplyDelete