Saturday, July 30, 2011

Silver Linings


I've had a pretty good day today. Went to Cracker Barrel, and, even though my meal wasn't that great, I still had a nice time. Went to the library, and even though I couldn't get The Princess Bride, I did get True Grit and John Hodgman's Areas of My Expertise, which is proving to be quite amusing so far. I couldn't get into Pottermore today (no one could), but I did get plenty of time to read and listen to Wye Oak. Also, listen to that song, as it's brilliant. I posted it on the Tumblr today, and I can't stop listening. Also, the lead singer's intro is hilarious in its dryness.

Oh, and I've already told Jessica, but no Harry Potter World for my 21st. HOWEVER, if you guys would be interested, there's a chance we can go November 11-13th, or round about then. There's a Harry Potter fest at HPW at that time, so we might be able to go and celebrate that. Plus, it'll be cooler out, which means we might see the staff dressed in robes :-D

Which reminds me, my mom's boyfriend (?) is coming the weekend of my birthday... I don't know why, aside from the fact that my mom enjoys me not being completely comfortable in my home.

5 comments:

  1. can you imagine how crowded it's gonna be during that HPW Celebration, because the cast would be there?

    My biggest problem with indie/hipster/this genre is the fact I have no idea what they say half the time - this video being one of those moments.

    I have one thing to say about your mom's boyfriend(?) going to your house - HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not the WHOLE cast, maybe Tom Felton or Matt Lewis or Evanna Lynch, but not Dan, Emma, or Rupert. Probably. And it'd be worth it.

    But you said you liked Wye Oak :-( And you can always look up the lyrics. It's not like you knew the lyrics to that Gaga song when she speaks fake German right away.

    Grumble grumble....

    ReplyDelete
  3. but still. Crowds make me want to punch people & I get uncharacteristically annoyed when put in those sorts of situations, especially if it was hot that day, though November usually isn't "hot"... then again, it doesn't happen all the time, but I always take into account the worst possible scenario :P

    I like that one song of hers, just by title alone and how it sounded! I had to look up the lyrics to understand, because I guess my ears can't decipher what they say. That one Gaga song was in a gibberish language, so of course I had no idea what she said! This music is English as far as I can tell, so she kinda has no excuse - but that's only my opinion :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, but you haven't been with Theme Park Tyler, who does not give a fuck about crowds and the like, and will just charge right on through to get where he wants to go. I've got my ways. Plus, November is much cooler, so that won't be an issue.

    That was just one example. I don't know enough of your musical tastes, but I know rap you might as well not even bother with when it comes to getting the lyrics.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahahahaaa. I love that explanation.

    Theme Park Tyler. awwwww shit! tehee.

    ReplyDelete