Saturday, September 3, 2011

In which I am now one and twenty


I can't believe I'm 21. It was quite surreal being carded and then given alcohol legally. It was even stranger actually getting drunk. It wasn't the best experience of my life, but it was still fun. I definitely don't plan on making that a regular occurrence. I think I only just made it into the drunk range last night, anyway. I only had 1 and a half before my stomach kind of gave a little heave, then I knew to call it. I came home to spread my silliness upon the Internet last night, listened to Single Ladies, poorly tried to dance to it, then fell asleep.

I have a tradition where, on every birthday, I listen to music that will set the mood for the coming year. This and last year, my first song was Here Comes the Sun. It's about the end to bad times and the good that's coming. Last year, the song was very applicable. I had had a very difficult time, and the song was so hopeful, and promised that the year ahead would be awesome. I did have an awesome year. Listening to the song this morning lets me know that this year will be even better than the last. The worst is going away to make room for the best. I listened to Hey Jude afterwards, which makes me know that I will get through the difficult stuff and become better for it. Afterwards was Birthday, for obvious reasons, and then a song called Happy Go-Lucky Me, which is a really good description of myself.

This last year, the great stuff outweighed the bad. I've made such a close friendship that I can hardly begin to describe how much it means to me. I did great in school. I found someone to care for.

21 is going to be even better.

4 comments:

  1. God im tearing up. It just makes me so happy to hear you are happy :D I love you Tyler and I never want your life to be anything but wonderful. You deserve it. <3

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY BEST FRIEND <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SIR! I'm glad your year has been going so exceptionally! It'll only keep getting better too! Even if things get you down, you always have your loved ones to pick you right back up, because that's what we're here for :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my God, that's so nice of you holy crap all the creys!!!!!

    ReplyDelete