Friday, December 31, 2010

Another Year Gone

New Year's has always depressed me. I've theorized it had to do with the end of the holiday season which I love so much, the return to school, or just the end of another part of my life. There's something about this year, however, that just depresses the hell out of me. 2011. It just sounds shitty. 2009 was a terrible, awful year, that tore me apart. 2010 rebuilt me, then tore me down again, and now, slowly, I'm being rebuilt. I don't think I can take another breakdown. When I hear all of the optimism about the new year, I think, "that's what you want, but it's not what you're going to get." Resolutions are like miracles. There's few, and they're small, and not everybody believes in them. I have my own resolutions for the year, but I don't know if they're going to work out. I will try, but I don't know if it will take.

Tomorrow, we begin the new year. When we started 2010, I thought it would be fantastic, a fresh start for a new decade. Reality does not think so, and will beat your ass for it. So, as we start 2011, I go forward with a sense of cautious optimism. I met many good people in 2010, I hope to meet more. I hope to do the things that I want, to enjoy the things that I have, to appreciate the ones I know. The future is uncertain and terrifying, but I hope that I will persevere. I hope that this year I won't be torn down, and I hope that I will love this year completely.

5 comments:

  1. Tyler. we are going to make this the best year yet? ok :) thats a promise :D you will love this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree with Ashley =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you have a better year too...I feel the same way at New Year's. I LOVE the holidays and get so sad when they, and another year in my life, end. It's just so final, the ending of a year. I know it's February already but I'm just sending good thoughts for you and 2011!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Kaitlin! I'm enjoying reading your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete