Sunday, May 2, 2010

Final Freshman Year

So I'm writing this on my first Sunday morning of summer break. The weather is already relentlessly humid, the cicadas are buzzing, and the sky is starting to lose that deep blue that comes with spring. I look back on my first year of college, and realize that it was mostly a blur. Spotty images: hanging out with Maureen in her dorm, standing in the hallway with Chris Ruskai waiting for World Religions, sitting at my table with my friends from Environmental, texting Maureen when I should've been listening to my Intermediate Algebra teacher who looks like Natalie from "Monk." Christmas break went all to fast, but the memories of Ashley's birthday and seeing "Invictus" with Gaby and Kim in the winter from hell were just the highlights. Then, I remember talking with friends before British Literature starts about old cartoons, books, movies, and video games. Lunch at Einstein's with Ashley, which jumped constantly between hilarious and deep, and were the highlights of the second semester.

I guess what I'm trying to say amidst these rambles is that college moves faster than a cheetah on cocaine. It's important to grab moments and hold them in your memory, because after this, things are going to change. Big time.

1 comment: